Molecules diffuse through the semi-permeable membrane at the bottom of the double thistle tube. The thin column of the thistle tube magnifies the volume and color changes. The concept of osmosis will be clear to your students after they witness the osmotic changes using this apparatus.
This easy-to-use set includes a 16" double thistle tube, an aluminum thistle tube support stand, a battery jar, a semi-permeable membrane, and instructions.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 900
You May Also Like
- Concentrating on Equilibrium - Super Value Kit
- Dialysis Fundamentals Experiment Kit
- Diffusion Demonstration Model
- Diffusion and Osmosis - Student Laboratory Kit
- Cell Size and Diffusion - Student Laboratory Kit
- Exploring the Rate of Diffusion - Student Laboratory Kit
- Membrane Diffusion Kit
- Introduction to Osmosis and Diffusion: Student Laboratory Kit
- Dialysis Bag Holder, Pkg. of 6
- Dialysis Tubing, 25mm X 16 mm X 3m