The “Speed of Bubble” Tube Set consists of three rugged, sealed, transparent plastic tubes containing colored fluids of three different viscosities. The bubble in each tube rises at a constant speed which depends on the type of fluid, the angle at which the tube is inclined, and to some extent the temperature.
Numerous experiments can be conducted using the tubes. Students can design experiments, collect data, practice graphing the results, and interpret the results. Excellent for introductory distance-versus-time graphs for speed predictions. Students may be challenged to predict the effect of angle on bubble speed and to design and conduct an experiment to test their hypotheses. The results are somewhat counterintuitive.
Comes complete with three permanently sealed tubes and suggested experiments.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 600
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 298
You May Also Like
- Guinea and Feather Tube
- Newton's Laws Activity-Stations Kit
- Second Law of Motion Apparatus
- Slingshot Cars - Newton's Laws Activity Kit
- Shoot the Monkey Demonstration Kit
- Free Fall and Projectile Motion Poster
- Modeling Projectile Motion
- Projectile Launcher
- Projectile Motion with an Inclined Plane - Super Value Laboratory Kit
- Rubber Band Cannon - Student Laboratory Kit