Magnetic levitation seems like magic even if you have witnessed it many times. Use this simple and easy lab apparatus to demonstrate that like poles of magnets repel each other and unlike poles attract each other. When placed on the center pole in the right order, these ring magnets appear to magically levitate above each other. When reversed they are attracted to each other at the base of the center pole.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 699
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 435
You May Also Like
- Gravity and Magnetism: A Battle of Two Forces
- Magnetic Field Demonstrator
- Student Magnetic Field Demonstrator
- 3-D Magnetic Field Jar - Demonstration Kit
Chemistry, Physics, and Modern Materials -
- Magnetic Needle
- Current Balance, External
- Electric Swing Apparatus With U-magnet
- Horseshoe Magnet, Ceramic
- 39 Amazing Experiments with the Mega - Magnet