Do Grow-Dinos really grow more than 600% when placed in water? Your students will find out as they investigate the growth of a polymer dinosaur over a period of five days. Physical measurements—length, height, thickness, perimeter, area, volume, mass, and density—will be taken daily as the Dino is soaked in water each night. Changes in the dinosaur measurements will be graphed and analyzed. A great lab activity to provide practice in measuring, graphing, and making calculations; fun for all levels.
Includes Teacher Notes, reproducible student handouts with Dino data tables and Dino graph sheets,15 Grow-Dinos, metric rulers, storage bags, and measuring string.
Complete for 30 students working in pairs.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 482
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 259
You May Also Like
- Flinn Scientific Electronic Balance, 410 x 0.01-g
- Overflow Can
- "Dyeing" Sodium Polyacrylate with Metal Ions - Student Laboratory Kit
- Water Marbles - Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Recycling Plastics by Density - Student Laboratory Kit
- Polyurethane Foam System - Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Slime for Everyone! Student Laboratory Kit
- Sodium Alginate Polymer - Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Structures and Properties of Polymers - Activity-Stations Kit
- Mystery Nylon Factory - Chemical Demonstration Kit