Density—it's one of the first topics taught in every science class! Why spend time scrounging up density materials for a hands-on lab when you can have them ready to go in a moment's notice? This economical lab kit provides a complete introduction to basic density concepts for your physical science and chemistry students.
Students determine the mass and volume of seven different materials—two regularly shaped rectangular solids, a spherical solid, a cylindrical solid, an irregularly shaped solid, and two liquids. Students practice measuring volume using both a ruler and the water displacement method. This kit is designed to have student groups move from station to station and determine the density of a different material—allowing for a very cost-conscious yet effective lab. Lab station instruction card masters, a pre-lab activity, background information, post-lab questions, and all necessary materials (except 100 mL of distilled water) are provided in the kit.
Super Value Kit is complete for seven lab stations with two setups at each station—enough for 28 students working in pairs. All materials are reusable!
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 461
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 269
You May Also Like
- Flinn Scientific Electronic Balance, 410 x 0.01-g
- Cylinder, Borosilicate Glass, 100 mL
- Discovering Density - Looking for Patterns and Trends - Super Value Laboratory Kit
- Density Demonstration Bottles
- Measurement Challenge - A Density Super Value Guided-Inquiry Kit
- Lopsided Liquid - Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Shrink Plastic Measurement - Student Laboratory Kit
- Mass Is Conserved - Volume Is Not! Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Measurement in the Laboratory - Activity-Stations Kit
- Red, White and Blue Density Column - Chemical Demonstration Kit