“Metal reactivity increases as you move from top to bottom in a family of elements!” Will your students remember this statement if you just tell them? With this lab kit, students are actively involved in seeing and making observations about the properties, reactivity, and solubility of the alkaline earth metals and the halide salts. Students write chemical equations for the reactions they observe and for the precipitates or gases that form. All chemicals, stirrers, reusable pipets and test tubes are provided in kit. Teacher Notes and reproducible student handouts included.
Complete for 30 students working in pairs.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 479
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 371
You May Also Like
- Flinn Scientific Electronic Balance, 410 x 0.01-g
- Periodic Activity of Metals - Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Density Is a Periodic Property - Super Value Kit
- All in the Family - Periodic Trends Demonstration Kit
- Periodic Table Basics - Student Laboratory Kit
- Plotting Trends - A Periodic Table Student Laboratory Kit
- It's in the Cards - Periodic Table Super Value Guided-Inquiry Kit
- Periodic Trends and the Properties of Elements - Student Laboratory Kit
- Flinn Periodic Table, Two-Sided Hanging Wall Chart
- The Periodic Table, ChemTopic Labs Book, Volume 4