Here comes Santa Claus, here comes Santa Claus...right into your classroom in a snowstorm! Capture the attention of your entire classroom with this fun holiday seasonal demonstration. Explore the topics of solubility and saturation with this easy-to-prepare demonstration. Simply place excess benzoic acid in a heated solvent until a solution forms. As the solution cools excess benzoic acid precipitates out in a “snow-like” form. It's a winter wonderland in a bottle! Enough materials are included to perform the demonstration seven times.
Concepts: Solubility, saturation, solvents.
Time Required: 15 minutes
Materials Provided: Benzoic acid, giant snow “globe,” bendable Santa Claus figurine.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 398
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 495
You May Also Like
- Hot Plate, Flinn, 7" X 7"
- Blinking Holiday Colors - Chemical Demonstration Kit
- The Crystal Forest - Student Laboratory Kit
- Crystal Ornaments - A Holiday Student Laboratory Kit
- Silver Holiday Ornaments - Student Laboratory Kit
- A Christmas of Chemistry - Multi-Demonstration Kit
- Chemystery of Halloween - Multi-Demonstration Kit
- The Chemistry of Spring Break - Multi-Demonstration Kit
- Opening Day - Multi-Demonstration Kit
- End of Year Finale - Multi-Demonstration Kit