Eureka! Quickly and accurately measure an object's mass and volume-with one apparatus! How is this possible? This unique balance utilizes Archimedes' principle of fluid displacement and buoyancy force-the same principle used to explain why a 500-ton battleship floats on water. Use this device to measure the mass and volume of solids and liquids, and then calculate their densities.
Comes complete with plastic, 100-mL graduated cylinders with end caps and bases, plastic inner flotation tubes with end caps, and an instruction manual. Square flotation tube is 18 mm x 18 mm x 195 mm. Works great with Specific Gravity Metal Specimen Set (AP9234) and the Equal Mass Kit (AP4636).
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 592
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 267
You May Also Like
- Archimedes' Principle Kit
- Buoyancy in Air - Mass vs. Weight Demonstration Kit
- Conservation of Mass and Buoyancy - Student Laboratory Kit
- Density Cube Set
- Density of Solids Kit
- Equal Mass Set
- Measurement Challenge - A Density Super Value Guided-Inquiry Kit
- Overflow Can, Large Capacity
- Brass Block, Hooked
- Build Your Own Hydrometer - Student Laboratory Kit