Safely demonstrate combustion by performing the “ping pong popper” micro-scaled explosion! Students will love the loud “pop” as a spark ignites alcohol in a popper and a ping pong ball launches 20 feet across the room. Use this eye-catching demonstration to teach both combustion and piezoelectricity. Enough chemical is included to perform the demonstration more than 25 times! Teacher Demonstration Notes included.
Concepts: Combustion, piezoelectricity.
Time Required: 15 minutes
Materials Provided: Piezoelectric igniter, ping pong ball, popper assembly, ethyl alcohol.
Plenty Powerful Ping Pong Popper Video
Ping pong ball takes off when alcohol burns!
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 407
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 336
You May Also Like
Alcohol Cannon Apparatus Kit -
Combustion of Isopropyl Alcohol
- Knock Your Socks Off Apparatus Kit - Reaction of Calcium Carbide
- Thermodynamics in a Bag - Super Value Kit
- Piezo Ping Pong Popper - Demonstration Kit
- Smashing Thermit Reaction - Demonstration Kit
- Whoosh Bottle - Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Zinc Pyrotechnics - Chemical Demonstration Kit
- The Mini Grain Elevator Explosion - Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Energy and Thermodynamics DVD Set
- Thermochemistry, Flinn Chemtopic Labs Book, Volume 10