Watch as a colorless solution poured from a seemingly normal pitcher suddenly turns color! Here's how it works. A chemical is placed in a small fixed container located at the bottom of a pitcher. Another chemical is placed into the body of the pitcher. As the pitcher is tilted, and poured into a beaker, the chemicals mix and a chemical reaction occurs, causing a color change. Any color-changing chemical reaction can be performed using this extraordinary pitcher! Captivate your student's imagination while using this versatile auto-mixing pitcher. Enough materials are included to perform this demonstration seven times.
Concepts: Clock reactions, oscillation reactions, indicators, catalysts.
Time Required: 15 minutes
Materials Provided: Pre-assembled auto-mix pitcher, instructions.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 392
You May Also Like
- Flinn Scientific Electronic Balance, 410 x 0.01-g
- Potassium Iodate Solution, 0.1 M, 500 mL
- Sodium Metabisulfite, Reagent, 100 g
- "Magic Genie" - Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Observation and Experiment - Introduction to the Scientific Method - Guided-Inquiry Kit
- Mystery Light Block - Scientific Method Demonstration Kit
- Scientific Method - Student Laboratory Kit
- Think Tube - Demonstration Kit
- Match the Mystery Solutions - Guided-Inquiry Kit
- Teaching Chemistry as an Experimental Science DVD Set