Make Avogadro proud by using his law to determine the molar mass of any gas, from helium to sulfur hexaflouride. The gas syringe and sampling apparatus allows you to sample and weigh any pure gas in less than one minute. The molar mass of the gas can then be quickly calculated using Avogadro's law. This accurate demonstration reinforces for the students the link between measurement and theory. Teacher Demonstration Notes included. Enough materials are included to perform the demonstration an unlimited number of times.
Concepts: Avogadro's law, molar mass, ideal gas law.
Time Required: 15 minutes
Materials Provided: 140-mL plastic syringe and two delivery assemblies.
Note: A 1- or 10-mg balance of a 100-g capacity is required.
Density of Gases
Great technique for measuring the mass of different gases, comparing their densities, and determining their molar masses.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 364
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 361
You May Also Like
- Flinn Scientific Electronic Balance, 120 x 0.001-g
- Helium, Refillable Cylinder
- Molar Volume of Hydrogen - Combining the Gas Laws - Student Laboratory Kit
- Diffusion of Gases - Kinetic Energy Demonstration Kit
Properties of Gases and the Gas Laws -
- Flaming Vapor Ramp - Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Seeing the Invisible - Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Gas Laws Equipment Kit
- The Gas Laws, Flinn ChemTopic Labs Book, Volume 9
- Chemistry of Gases DVD Set