What are stalactites and stalagmites and how do they form? This simple, but elegant hands-on activity will teach students how groundwater enters caves and drips from the ceiling to form these intriguing structures. Each student group will have the opportunity to grow their own rapidly developing stalactites and stalagmites.
Inexpensive kit includes detailed student instructions, detailed background information, Teacher Notes, and all the chemicals needed for 30 students working in pairs.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 1071
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 656
You May Also Like
- Colorful Stalactites and Stalagmites Kit
- Mineral Crystal Shapes Kit
- Geometry of Crystal Structure Kit
- Common Uses of Rocks and Minerals Student Laboratory Kit
- Rock Cycle Adventure Student Activity Kit
- Rock Formation and Identification - Student Laboratory Kit
- Minerals, Metals, and Mining - Super Value Guided-Inquiry Kit
- Flinn Rock and Mineral Test Kit - Set of 10
- Instant Geology Field Trip - Student Laboratory Kit
- Density of the Earth Kit