Fill the sky with colorful hot air balloons as you teach the properties of gas. Student groups construct and launch their own giant hot air balloon. Students will learn how hot air balloons lift, stay afloat and eventually descend. A unique balloon launcher apparatus is included for safe and successful balloon launches. Also includes easy-to-follow instructions and all the materials needed to construct fifteen 3' x 2' hot air balloons! A heat gun or propane torch is required and sold separately. A tissue replacement pack is available for 15 additional hot air balloons.
Complete for 30 students working in pairs. Includes Flinn Exclusive STEM Integration Guide!
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 656
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 365
You May Also Like
- Up, Up and Away - Hot Air Balloon Student Activity Kit
- Collapsing Can Demonstraion
- Breaking Board Paradox - Demonstration Kit
- Pressure Bottle
- Boyle's Law Apparatus
- Magdeburg Hemispheres
- Magdeberg Hemispheres, Rubber
- Atmosphere Bar
- Investigating Pressure Activity-Stations Laboratory Kit
- Elasticity of Gas Apparatus