This discrepant event demonstration will really get your students thinking about circular motion concepts! Just spin the device by hand and watch the tethered bobbers move almost “magically” into the center of the circle and not to the outside as you might expect.
When you accelerate around a sharp circle in your car, you get thrown to the outside. Why then do the bobbers seem to do just the opposite?
This rugged, yet inexpensive, apparatus will allow you to demonstrate this “magic” for years to come.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 632
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 316
You May Also Like
- Centrifugal Hoop Demonstration
- Centripetal Force Activity Kit
- Curve Ahead, Reduce Speed! Centripetal Force Demonstration Kit
- Figure Skating Dumbbells
- Greek Waiter's Tray - Super Value Laboratory Kit
- Gyroscope and Gimbal Cradle Kit
- Orbital Speed Demonstration Kit
- Investigating the Rattlebackbowl Kit
- Spooling Around with Physics - Demonstration Kit
- Build a Mini Hovercraft - Guided-Inquiry Kit