Perform some of your Halloween magic with this fun demonstration. A slight variation of the classic “Blue Bottle Experiment” allows a pumpkin face to disappear and then reappear over and over again. Shake the flask and the pumpkin face disappears as the dark blue color masks the appearance of the pumpkin face. Undisturbed, the pumpkin magically reappears again! Enough materials are included to perform the demonstration seven times.
Time Required: 10-15 minutes
Chemicals Provided: Sodium hydroxide, glucose, yellow food coloring, and methylene blue.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 397
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 494
You May Also Like
- Beakers, Borosilicate Glass, 1000-mL
- Vanishing Valentine - Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Chemystery of Halloween - Multi-Demonstration Kit
- A Christmas of Chemistry - Multi-Demonstration Kit
- The Chemistry of Spring Break - Multi-Demonstration Kit
- End of Year Finale - Multi-Demonstration Kit
- Feeling Blue - Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Stop-'N-Go Light - Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Crystal Ornaments - A Holiday Student Laboratory Kit
- Silver Holiday Ornaments - Student Laboratory Kit