A classic! A vivid demonstration of Newton's second law of motion that students will never forget. Aim a stun dart directly at a monkey sitting in a tree. The monkey jumps from the tree branch just as the dart is released. Will the dart hit the falling monkey or sail over the monkey's head?
This apparatus is easy to set up. Tie a metal-tipped dart to a unique release mechanism connected to the backboard. Pull the dart back to stretch the elastic band. Aim the dart at the foam monkey. Release the dart and the foam monkey drops immediately. No electromagnet switches or air guns needed. The demonstration can be repeated in less than a minute so when students ask to see it again and again, setup is no problem. Assembly is required and complete instructions are included.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 605
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 286
You May Also Like
- Investigating Gravity - Super Value Laboratory Kit
- Free Fall Student Laboratory Kit
- Free Fall and Projectile Motion Poster
- Newton's Laws Activity-Stations Kit
- Diving Eggs Inertia Challenge - Newton's First Law Demonstration
- Pressure Paradox
- Force and Motion - Student Laboratory Kit
- Atwood's Machine, Economy Choice
- Bed of Nails
- "Speed of Bubble" Tube Set