Students learn how reaction rates are measured and how temperature affects the rate of a reaction as they design kinetics experiments for the reaction of magnesium with hydrochloric acid. Pre-lab preparation built into the activity ensures students will be well-prepared and successful. Comprehensive teacher's notes ensure that teachers will know what to expect so they can properly guide their students. If you have avoided inquiry experiments because of the uncertainty involved in planning a lab, try this kit! We guarantee you will like it.
Includes reproducible student handouts, pre-lab preparation guide, complete Teacher Notes with sample procedure, sample data, and answers to all questions, and all necessary chemicals and consumable supplies.
Complete for 30 students working in pairs.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 468
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 396
You May Also Like
- Hot Plate, Flinn, 7" X 7"
- Beakers, Borosilicate Glass, 400-mL
- Factors Affecting Reaction Rates - Student Laboratory Kit
- Kinetics of a First-Order Reaction - Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Introduction to Reaction Rates - The "Blue Bottle" Reaction - Student Laboratory Kit
- Catalytic Spectrum Show - Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Iodine Clock Challenge - Guided-Inquiry Kit
- The Cinnamon Clock Reaction - Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Kinetics and Reaction Rates - Activity-Stations Kit
- The Rate of Chemical Reactions - Student Laboratory Kit