Help your students become magnet “experts.” In this hands-on introductory kit, students will experiment with bar magnets to visibly see why magnets “stick” to certain objects, but not others. They will test magnetic polarity, and determine what types of materials are magnetic and which are not magnetic. Lastly, students sprinkle iron filings over the magnets to clearly display the invisible magnetic fields that surround all magnets. They will visibly see how the magnetic fields are bent when two magnetic north poles repel, and when north and south poles attract. Includes complete laboratory instructions and background information.
Super Value Kit is complete for 8 student groups. All materials are reusable!
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 694
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 436
You May Also Like
- Magnet Kit, Economy Choice
- Magnets and Magnetism - Super Value Activity-Stations Kit
- Measuring Magnetic Force - Super Value Laboratory Kit
- Floating Magnet
- Gravity and Magnetism: A Battle of Two Forces
- Magnetic Field Demonstrator
- Faraday's Electromagnetic Induction Demonstration Kit
- Gilley Coil Kit
- Large Economy Ceramic Ring Magnet
- Horseshoe Magnet, Steel, 4"