Lichens are a terrific indicator to monitor environmental pollution. In this kit, students will discover the value of lichens as living indicators of environmental quality. Students will perform experiments to see how different given pollution samples affect lichens. Pollution data will be analyzed and compared. Teacher's notes, reproducible student handouts, lichens and simulated pollution samples are provided.
Complete for 30 students working in pairs.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 1050
You May Also Like
- Becker Bottles - One in a Million
- Groundwater Exploration Activity Model
- Environmental Pollution—Student Laboratory Kit
- Understanding Your Carbon Footprint Student Activity Kit
- Air Pollution Investigation Super Value Kit
- Acid Rain and Plants Kit
- Effects of Air Pollution Kit
- Acid Rain in a Bag - Demonstration Kit
- Greenhouse Effect and Global Warming - Student Laboratory Kit
- Plants and Pollution - Student Laboratory Kit