Help your students visualize molecular motion concepts with this dramatic demonstration device. Just pour the simulated molecules (BBs) into the clear acrylic chamber and focus it on your classroom overhead projector. By varying the number of molecules and movement of the apparatus, you can illustrate the structure of substances in various states such as solid, liquid, or gas. Random molecular motion, molecular distances, kinetic theory and molecular structure of specific substances can all be illustrated with the same device. The kit includes the reaction chamber, the BBs and teacher notes. Enough reusable materials are included to perform the demonstration an unlimited number of times.
Concepts: Molecular motion, kinetic molecular theory.
Time Required: 15 minutes
Materials Provided: Molecular Motion Demonstrator, copper shot.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 349
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 347
You May Also Like
- Mass Is Conserved - Volume Is Not! Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Kinetic-Molecular Theory - Multi-Demonstration Kit
- Intermolecular Forces - Student Laboratory Kit
- "Bouncing Ball" Distillation - Demonstration Kit
- Solids and Liquids - Activity-Stations Kit
- Diffusion of Gases - Kinetic Energy Demonstration Kit
- It's Just a Phase - Heating and Cooling Curves - Student Laboratory Kit
- Water Spouts - Kinetic vs. Potential Energy - A Torricelli's Law Demonstration Kit
- Solids and Liquids, Flinn ChemTopic Labs Book, Volume 11
- Solids and Liquids DVD Set