Help students understand centripetal force while they dispel popular misconceptions about centrifugal force. A vivid demonstration of Newton's first law of motion-the law of inertia. Students watch a ball roll along a circular course. They then predict what will happen when the ball exits the wooden circular pattern. Will it continue on its circular path, does it curve away from the circle, or does it follow a straight line? Students may be surprised with the result! A great apparatus to use in conjunction with the Centripetal Force Apparatus, AP9164. Includes large wood ball and complete instructions.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 588
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 303
You May Also Like
- Bicycle Wheel Gyroscope
- Centrifugal Hoop Demonstration
- Circular Motion Paradox
- Spooling Around with Physics - Demonstration Kit
- Galileo's Paradox - Hinged Stick vs. Falling Ball Demonstration Kit
- Figure Skating Dumbbells
- Greek Waiter's Tray - Super Value Laboratory Kit
- Curve Ahead, Reduce Speed! Centripetal Force Demonstration Kit
- Centripetal Force Activity Kit