Finally, a hydraulics kit designed so that quantitative measurements can be collected allowing your students to discover hydraulic principles for themselves.
Students will measure the diameters of hydraulic pistons, calculate their areas, and then measure the forces necessary to lift specific loads. The significance of the mechanical advantage calculation will become crystal clear to students as they personally manipulate the hydraulic system. Students will love building a working model hydraulic jack and measuring the forces involved in lifting heavy objects. The transparent valves and tubing used in their lab work will allow them to view all the working parts.
The kit includes one complete hydraulic system, enough for one student group. Buy multiple kits to equip an entire classroom. All materials are reusable.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 661
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 311
You May Also Like
- Hydraulic Hot Water Bottle - Demonstration Kit
- Pascal's Law - Student Laboratory Kit
- Hydraulic Elevator - Physical Science Demonstration Kit
- Capillary Equilibrium Tube
- Water Hammer
- Soda Bottle Physics Kit
- The Bursting Water Pipe
- Introduction to Bernoulli's Principle Kit
- Bottomless Bottle - Pascal's Law Demonstration Kit
- Cohesion Plates- Demo Kit