Teach chemical test procedures for common foods—Vitamin C, starches, reducing sugars, fats and proteins—in the context of a murder mystery! Students start by performing the chemical tests to establish the “standards” for positive identification, so critical to forensic science. Once the standards are established, the stomach contents of the victims are tested for the presence of the foods. When the test results are recorded, the data is examined in an attempt to solve the mystery. The kit includes the chemicals, student activities, and teacher information.
Complete for 30 students working in pairs.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 573
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 488
You May Also Like
- Hot Plate, Flinn, 7" X 7"
- Flask, Volumetric, Borosilicate Glass, 1000 mL
- Mr. Mathematics Mysterious Murder - Student Laboratory Kit
- The Coroner's Report - Urine and Blood Analysis Laboratory Kit
- Of Maggots and Murder - Forensic Entomology Laboratory Kit
- Identification of Unknown Substances I - Forensic Laboratory Kit
- Identification of Unknown Substances II - Forensic Laboratory Kit
- Who Cheated in the Race? Red Blood Cell Volume Forensic Laboratory Kit
- Amino Acid Fingerprints - Demonstration Kit
- Bloodstains at the Crime Scene - Forensic Laboratory Kit