Perform the classic Van de Graaff generator hair- charging demonstration with any student in your class. Long, fine hair is no longer necessary thanks to the static “hair” wand. Students hold the wand in one hand as they touch a charging Van de Graaff generator with their other hand. The thin fiber strands will stand up just like long hair to dramatically show the repulsive nature of like charges. Complete demonstration instructions and safety information are provided.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 678
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 411
You May Also Like
- Volta's Hailstorm
- The Van de Graaff Generator - Multi-Demonstration Kit
- Build a Radio Speaker-Student Laboratory Kit
- Build Your Own Conductivity Tester—Student Laboratory Kit
- Investigating Electricity Kit
- Simple Circuits - Super Value Laboratory Kit
- Build a Shake Flashlight Demonstration Kit
- What Is a Capacitor? Student Laboratory Kit
- Snap Circuits®
- Investigating Electricity - Activity-Stations Kit