Uncover prehistoric insects in amber! Students polish amber to reveal actual, prehistoric insects-trapped in amber thousands of years ago! Using the included dichotomous key, students will be able to identify and classify trapped insects. Students will also make their own fossils as they cast their own specimens in simulated amber! Students will gain a deeper understanding of how fossils are formed as well as how the Earth's fossil record helps us to understand our past. Kit includes fossilized specimens, casting materials, and comprehensive teacher and student guides featuring complete instructions as well as dichotomous keys.
Complete with enough materials for 10 student groups.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 1065
You May Also Like
- Stratigraphic Fossil Collection, Advanced
- Fossil Collection, Introductory
- Fossil Collection, Plastic
- Microfossils Student Activity Kit
- Fossils: A Golden Guide
- Instant Geology Field Trip - Student Laboratory Kit
- Diversity of Life Fossil Replica Set
- Fossil Formation and Identification
- Earth History Model
- Rock Cycle Adventure Student Activity Kit