As water works its way along the Earth's surface it picks up sediments from rocks and minerals. These sediments react chemically with surfaces of river sediments. The closer a section of river is to a mineral deposit the greater the detectable amount will be on the river sediments. In this kit, students conduct a mineral exploration that simulates real-life economic, societal and issue-oriented problems. The activities are designed to introduce students to topographic maps and teach about rock types, erosion, and river dynamics. Simulated sample river sediments are provided in the kit along with detailed topographic maps of a river system in a mountainous region. Complete for over 50 tests at each sample site!
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 1066
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 655
You May Also Like
- Prospector's Paradise - Student Laboratory Kit
- Bits and Pieces- Sediment Activity Kit
- Density of the Earth Kit
- Minerals, Metals, and Mining - Super Value Guided-Inquiry Kit
- Rock Cycle Adventure Student Activity Kit
- Rock Formation and Identification - Student Laboratory Kit
- Rock and Mineral Test Kit
- Common Uses of Rocks and Minerals Student Laboratory Kit
- Instant Geology Field Trip - Student Laboratory Kit
- Classroom Collection of Rocks and Minerals