Demonstrate how a current-carrying wire in a magnetic field will be acted on by a force. Verify the Right-Hand Rule by changing the direction of the current and observing a corresponding change in the direction of the force. Then, generate alternating current with a Genecon generator to produce a resonating swing that illustrates the basic principles involved in making an electic motor turn. Includes a swing holder, coated copper wire swing and a U-shaped magnet. A support stand and clamp are needed to hold up the swing, but are not included.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 707
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 429
You May Also Like
- Eddy Current Experiment Kit
- Eddy's Brake - Lenz's Law Demonstration Kit
- Electromagnet Kit
- Electromagnet Coil and Core Kit
- Faraday's Electromagnetic Induction Apparatus
- Gravity and Magnetism: A Battle of Two Forces
- Magnetic Field Demonstrator
- Bar Magnets, Pair, Steel, Painted
- Magnet Stirrup