Metric-ominoes is an entertaining and enjoyable game that helps students learn and reinforces metric prefixes and their numerical values. Plays just like the classic dominoes game. A set of Metric-ominoes are given to each student group. Each domino has one of ten possible decimal prefixes on the left side and one of ten numerical values on the right. Plays are made by matching a prefix on one domino and its correct numerical value on another domino. The student who plays all the Metric-ominoes first in each group is the winner. Teacher Notes, along with six tile sets and reproducible game instructions, are included.
Complete for 30 students working in groups of five. All materials are reusable!
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 511
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 262
You May Also Like
- Metric Match Game
- Measurement Challenge - A Density Super Value Guided-Inquiry Kit
- How Scientists Measure - Activity-Stations Kit
- Measurement in the Laboratory - Activity-Stations Kit
- Problem Solving on the Wildlife Refuge - Introduction to Unit Factoring - Super Value Kit
- Shrink Plastic Measurement - Student Laboratory Kit
- Basic SI Units and Prefixes Chart
- Grow-Dino Measurement - Student Laboratory Kit
- Measuring the Length of a Molecule - Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Measuring with Laser Light - Student Laboratory Kit