The Color of Chemistry - Dyes, Dyeing, and Chemical Bonding - Student Laboratory Kit, AP6632
What is your favorite color? Color affects our senses, our moods, even our learning. In this lab activity, students investigate the reaction of five different dyes with a special multifiber fabric containing strips of wool, acrylic, polyester, nylon, cotton, and acetate. The brilliant color patterns produced by different dyes on the multifiber fabric teach students about the structures of dye and fabric molecules and the types of bonding interaction between them. Chemistry has never looked so good!
Includes reproducible student handouts, detailed background information, complete Teacher Notes with answers to all questions, and all necessary chemicals and consumable supplies.
Complete for 30 students working in groups of three.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 473
You May Also Like
- Multi-Fiber Test Fabric, 1 Yard
- Hot Plate, Flinn, 7" X 7"
- Beakers, Borosilicate Glass, 400-mL
- Dyeing with Indigo - Student Laboratory Kit
- The Natural Science of Fabric Dyeing Guided-Inquiry Lab Kit
- Organic Rainbow - Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Organic Smell Identification - Super Value Kit
- Preparation of Esters - Student Laboratory Kit
- Organic Fold-a-matic™
- Organic Chemistry Activity Booklets, Set of 24