Here's a paradox-a device that remains balanced when a heavy plastic tube dangles from one end while being supported at the opposite end by a single fingertip. Remove the tube and the device falls. How can this be? It's center of gravity! This simple device will be a real show-stopper as you introduce your students to the concept of center of gravity.
Kit includes demonstration instructions, plastic tubing and durable plastic balancing device. All the materials are completely reusable.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 611
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 281
You May Also Like
- Leaning Tower
- Bottle Balance Beam Demonstration Kit
- Center of Gravity
- Center of Gravity Demostration Set
- Center of Gravity Toss - Demonstration Kit
- Center of Gravity Paradox
- Center of Mass Bottles
- Investigating Center of Gravity - Super Value Laboratory Kit
- Hanging Nails Challenge - Super Value Guided-Inquiry Kit
- Double Cone and Ramp