Surface Tension Jar - Demonstration Kit, AP6648
Quickly and easily demonstrate the remarkable properties of surface tension, air pressure, and cohesion using a simple jar. Place a laminated card over the screen-covered mouth of a jar. Flip the jar over and observe as the card stays in place. Remove the card and watch the water appear to “float” on air! This demonstration is very easy to perform, and it shows an incredible amount of science. Complete with instructions and extensions to the activity. All materials included are reusable.
Concepts: Surface tension, air pressure, cohesion.
Time Required: 10 minutes
Materials Provided: Jar, screen, laminated card.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 384
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 350
You May Also Like
- Intermolecular Attractions - Multi-Demonstration Kit
- It's in Their Nature - Student Laboratory Kit
- Marbling Paper - Student Laboratory Kit
- Solids and Liquids - Activity-Stations Kit
- Intermolecular Forces - Student Laboratory Kit
- Mass Is Conserved - Volume Is Not! Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Sorting Out Solutions - Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Chemical Bonding, Flinn ChemTopic Labs Book, Volume 5
- Solids and Liquids, Flinn ChemTopic Labs Book, Volume 11
- Solids and Liquids DVD Set