This large, colorful, 3-D model is the perfect visual aid for your discussions about the atom. Removable pieces will help you illustrate the basic differences between electrons, protons and neutrons-the building blocks of the atom. Stimulate hands-on learning by passing the soft, resilient foam model throughout the class so each student will gain a clear understanding of the make-up of atoms.
This versatile model can be used to show how ions form, why electron energy orbitals exist, and even chemical bonding. More advanced classes can take advantage of the graphical images of quarks and the wave nature of subatomic particles to further enhance their knowledge of the modern vision of the atom. 24-page instruction guide provides an extensive historical background of the atom and suggested activities.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 517
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 277
You May Also Like
- Atomic Mobile Kit
- Atomic Orbital Model Set
- BRIGHT Atom™ Model
- Electron Configuration Concert - Overhead Demonstration Model
- Magnetic Atom Model
- Sublevel Orbitals of the Atom Models Kit
- Electron Configuration Bingo - Super Value Game
- Electron Structure - 1s Orbital - Super Value Laboratory Kit
- Introduction to Electron Structure - Student Laboratory Kit
- Quantum Leap - Student Laboratory Kit