Have your students become amateur Geologists! Flowing water has the power to make constant and dramatic changes to the Earth's surface. Geologists examine the size, type, and location of particles deposited by water to learn more about the history of a landscape. In this all-inclusive exploratory kit, students will identify and classify sediments of different sizes. The sizes of the sediments will be measured and averaged to obtain a deeper knowledge of each type of sediment. A great activity to strengthen measurement skills and introduce sediments.
Includes reproducible student handouts, complete teacher notes, and all chemicals and consumable supplies needed to perform the lab.
Complete for 30 students working in pairs.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 1066
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 649
You May Also Like
- Reading River Sediments
- Sedimentary Rock Chart
- Sedimentator with Teacher and Student Guides
- Sedimentary Rock Collection
- Density of the Earth Kit
- Earth Science Density Kit
- Be a Mineral Detective Student Laboratory Kit
- Chemical and Mechanical Weathering of Rock Student Laboratory Kit
- Colorful Stalactites and Stalagmites Kit
- Instant Geology Field Trip - Student Laboratory Kit