Students gain knowledge of projectile motion and the law of conservation of energy as they determine the launch speed of a steel sphere after it rolls down an inclined plane. The lab activity also reinforces the concepts of Newton’s laws of motion, kinetic and potential energy, and rolling objects. Kit includes metal transition platforms to convert inclined planes into horizontal projectile launching devices, steel spheres to perform the experiment, and comprehensive student laboratory instructions.
Super Value Kit is complete for eight student groups. All materials are reusable! Inclined planes, such as AP6685 listed above under Accessories, are required and available separately.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 597
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 292
You May Also Like
- Free Fall and Projectile Motion Poster
- Projectile Launcher
- Modeling Projectile Motion
- Trajectory Apparatus
- Rubber Band Cannon - Student Laboratory Kit
- PSworks Marble Ramp
- PSworks Parabola
- Water Spouts - Kinetic vs. Potential Energy - A Torricelli's Law Demonstration Kit
- Center of Gravity Toss - Demonstration Kit