Classifying elements, compounds, and mixtures is an essential skill in physical science. Build a solid foundation for further study of the elements using this concept attainment activity. Kit includes 20 cards with examples of both elements and non-elements. Students identify elements using the “Yes” and “No” header cards included with the kit. All cards are printed on colorful 8˝" x 5˝" card stock and laminated for durability. Velcro® Dot Tape or Magnetic Tape, available separately, may be used to display activity cards. Enough reusable materials are provided to perform the demonstration an unlimited number of times.
Concepts: Elements, atoms.
Time Required: 20 minutes
Materials Provided: Activity cards are completely reusable.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 356
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 369
You May Also Like
- Velcro Dot Tape
- Flexible Magnetic Tape
- Periodic Table, Notebook Size
- Classifying Matter - A "Nuts-and-Bolts" Demonstration Kit
- Elements, Compounds, and Mixtures - Student Laboratory Kit
- Separation of a Mixture - Guided-Inquiry Kit
- Percent Water in a Hydrate - Student Laboratory Kit
- Metal, Nonmetal, or Metalloid? Student Laboratory Kit
- Introduction to Chemistry DVD Set
- Elements, Compounds and Mixtures, Flinn ChemTopic Labs Book, Volume 2