Blinking Holiday Colors - Chemical Demonstration Kit, AP6858
Two solutions of holiday red and green are poured into separate tall form beakers and stirred. After 30 seconds, the beakers magically swap colors, red to green and green to red! Each solution contains a unique mixture of indicators. At low pH, one mixture is red, the other green. At high pH, the red indicator turns green and the green switches to red. The key to the blinking holiday colors is a clock reaction. Each solution starts out slightly acidic and buffered. When one reactant is completely consumed, the pH rapidly increases and the holiday colors rapidly reverse. Holiday fun at an excellent price! Enough materials are included to perform the demonstration seven times.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 398
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 496
You May Also Like
- Flask, Erlenmeyer, Borosilicate Glass, 500 mL
- Santa in a Snowstorm - A Winter Holiday Chemical Demonstration Kit
- The Crystal Forest - Student Laboratory Kit
- Crystal Ornaments - A Holiday Student Laboratory Kit
- Silver Holiday Ornaments - Student Laboratory Kit
- A Christmas of Chemistry - Multi-Demonstration Kit
- Chemystery of Halloween - Multi-Demonstration Kit
- The Chemistry of Spring Break - Multi-Demonstration Kit
- Opening Day - Multi-Demonstration Kit
- End of Year Finale - Multi-Demonstration Kit