The most comprehensive radioactivity shielding kit available! Using a safe, low-level radioactive source and radiation monitor, students determine the shielding effectiveness of a wide range of materials. Students will quickly recognize the differences in the penetrating power of alpha, beta, and gamma radiation. Kit includes 2 thicknesses of shielding squares for aluminum, lead, copper, wood, polyethylene, and acrylic, along with reproducible laboratory procedure and background information.
Super Value Kit is complete for 6 student groups. All materials are reusable. Radiation monitor and sources are required, but not provided.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 487
You May Also Like
- Radiation Monitor
- Thallium-204, Beta Source
- Characteristics of Nuclear Radiation - Super Value Laboratory Kit
- Analysis of Hydrogen Peroxide - Student Laboratory Kit
- Introduction to Radioactivity and Half-life Experiment Kit
- Radioactive Decay Cards - Super Value Game
- Half-Life Simulation - Classroom Activity Kit
- Carbon Dating Activity - Super Value Puzzle
- Nuclear Chemistry Activity Booklets, Set of 24
- Nuclear Chemistry, Flinn ChemTopic Labs Book, Volume 18