Gold has been discovered in Copper River! Have your students put their panning skills to the test and see if they can strike it rich. Students will use actual gold sifting pans to try to locate simulated gold samples (pyrite). Then students calculate the density of the “gold” and calculate its current value! A fun, hands-on activity that introduces students to mining, the technique of “panning” and the importance of density. An all-inclusive kit that is sure to have your students screaming “Eureka”!
Enough reusable materials for eight groups of students.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 1066
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 655
You May Also Like
- Reading River Sediments
- Bits and Pieces- Sediment Activity Kit
- Density of the Earth Kit
- Minerals, Metals, and Mining - Super Value Guided-Inquiry Kit
- Rock Cycle Adventure Student Activity Kit
- Rock Formation and Identification - Student Laboratory Kit
- Rock and Mineral Test Kit
- Common Uses of Rocks and Minerals Student Laboratory Kit
- Instant Geology Field Trip - Student Laboratory Kit
- Classroom Collection of Rocks and Minerals