Ready, set, lift! Build eight different real-world lever and pulley machines from one economical set of materials. With these hands-on models, students will identify, investigate and experiment with three classes of levers and various pulley systems. These fun and exciting activities will help students gain a better understanding of Newton's laws of motion and mechanical advantage. Students will actually feel the differences of a variety of lever and pulley arrangements, and see how pulleys can be used to change the direction of a force.
Each kit includes enough materials for one group of two to three students. Complete building instructions are included. 178 pieces packaged in a durable plastic storage tub. Includes a 60-page inquiry-based Teacher's Guide.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 646
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 306
You May Also Like
- Simple Machines Poster
- Introduction to Simple Machines: Wheels, Axles, Inclined Planes
- Simple Machines - Student Laboratory Kit
- Investigating Levers Kit
- PSworks Lever Arm
- Investigating Pulleys - Student Laboratory Kit
- Levers of the Body Demonstration Kit
- Simple Form Truss - Individual Kit
- Human Block and Tackle Demonstration
- Introduction to Simple Machines: Gears