Teach your students an exciting lesson about magnetism with this pair of powerful hematite magnets. When tossed into the air, the two ellipsoidal magnets collide and then “wrestle” for equilibrium in a great clattering, buzzing collision. Simply rest one magnet between your index finger and thumb, and the other between the thumb and middle finger, and then gently toss the magnets into the air. The resulting collisions create erratic buzzing and chirping sounds. The poles of the magnets are aligned through their narrow circumferences-the “buzzing” occurs as the magnets strive to stay in perfect balance with each other.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 699
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 438
You May Also Like
- Neodymium Magnet
- Horseshoe Magnet, Ceramic
- Introduction to Magnets - Super Value Laboratory Kit
- Magnet Kit, Economy Choice
- Magnets and Magnetism - Super Value Activity-Stations Kit
- Measuring Magnetic Force - Super Value Laboratory Kit
- Floating Magnet
- Electromagnet Coil and Core Kit
- Faraday's Electromagnetic Induction Apparatus