Students become theme-park engineers! As they build and experiment with real-world amusement park rides, students will gain a better understanding of
Newton’s laws, gear ratios, pendulums and momentum. Rides that can be constructed include a roller coaster, carousel, Ferris wheel, a classic pendulum pirate ship, scrambler, swing and boom rides, plus ramps and half pipes. For many of these rides, students may already have first-hand experience. Now, they can get an up-close look at how these rides actually work. One roller coaster and one other model can be built at a time. Any two smaller structures can be built simultaneously.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 648
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 307
You May Also Like
- Roller Coaster Physics
- PSworks Roller Coaster Track
- Introduction to Simple Machines: Levers and Pulleys
- Simple Machines Poster
- Simple Machines - Student Laboratory Kit
- Introduction to Simple Machines: Wheels, Axles, Inclined Planes
- Loop-de-Loop Track
- Introduction to Structures: Bridges
- Simple Form Truss - Individual Kit
- Forces, Energy and Motion