Use this “super-size” model of the sodium chloride crystal lattice to demonstrate the concept of the unit cell. Students will get a clear picture of the arrangement of ions in a face-centered unit cell, and will begin to understand the fractional contributions ions in different locations add to the total number of ions in the unit cell. Rearrange the easy-to-remove plastic spheres to create either the body-centered cubic unit cell or the simple cubic unit cell. A versatile tool for teaching crystal lattice structure! Teacher Demonstration Notes included.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 524
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 385
You May Also Like
- Crystal Structure - Super Value Laboratory Kit
- Crystalline Solids Model Kit
- Models of Ionic and Metallic Crystals Kit
- Crystal Growing - Student Laboratory Kit
- Giant Crystal Growing - Student Laboratory Kit
- Crystal Ornaments - A Holiday Student Laboratory Kit
- Molecular Model Kit - Ice
- Shapes of Molecules Model Set
- Molecular Geometry, Bonding, and Balloons - Demonstration Kit
- Molecular Model Kit - Sodium Chloride