Teach your students basic problem-solving skills! Challenge them to develop and test a hypothesis to determine the ideal environmental conditions for specially encapsulated sponge animals to emerge from their “cocoons.” In the process, they learn the basics of how scientists design experiments, control variables, gather information, summarize and present data, and solve scientific problems. Sounds like a scientific method!
Complete for 30 students working individually.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 490
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 256
You May Also Like
- Hot Plate, Flinn, 7" X 7"
- Flinn Digital Thermometer
- Match the Mystery Solutions - Guided-Inquiry Kit
- Larry's Lost Labels Luncheonette - Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Observation and Experiment - Introduction to the Scientific Method - Guided-Inquiry Kit
- Mystery Light Block - Scientific Method Demonstration Kit
- Scientific Method - Student Laboratory Kit
- Think Tube - Demonstration Kit
- Solubility Races - Scientific Method Guided-Inquiry Kit
- Opening Day - Multi-Demonstration Kit