Did you know that many items we use everyday are mined from the Earth? Examples include limestone in building homes, feldspar in soaps, and fluorite in toothpaste. Your students will perform 10 hands-on activities to determine the properties of various rocks and minerals and identify their common uses. An excellent introduction to the common uses and properties of rocks and minerals!
Complete for 30 students working in pairs.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 1027
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 650
You May Also Like
- Chemical and Mechanical Weathering of Rock Student Laboratory Kit
- Colorful Stalactites and Stalagmites Kit
- Instant Geology Field Trip - Student Laboratory Kit
- Mineral Crystal Shapes Kit
- Formation and Identification of Minerals Kit
- Rock Formation and Identification - Student Laboratory Kit
- Rock and Mineral Test Kit
- Introductory Mineral and Rock Collection
- Rocks and Rock Forming Mineral Collection
- Classroom Collection of Rocks and Minerals