The best way to teach the scientific method is to actually use the scientific method! In this guided-inquiry lab, students determine how different factors will affect the rate at which a solid dissolves in a liquid by following the steps of the scientific method. Students devise experiments to measure the effects of each variable, conduct the necessary tests, and analyze and graph the results. Supplementary information is provided in the teacher notes so that the lab may be performed as either a student-designed experiment or as a more conventional experiment with step-by-step instructions. Includes reproducible student handouts, detailed background information, complete Teacher Notes with sample data and answers to all questions, and all necessary chemicals and consumable supplies.
Complete for 30 students working in pairs. Super Value Kit is complete for 5 classes of 30 students working in pairs.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 490
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 258
You May Also Like
- Hot Plate, Flinn, 7" X 7"
- Flinn Digital Thermometer
- Match the Mystery Solutions - Guided-Inquiry Kit
- Larry's Lost Labels Luncheonette - Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Observation and Experiment - Introduction to the Scientific Method - Guided-Inquiry Kit
- Mystery Light Block - Scientific Method Demonstration Kit
- Scientific Method - Student Laboratory Kit
- Think Tube - Demonstration Kit
- Color Change Challenge - Problem Solving Guided-Inquiry Kit
- Opening Day - Multi-Demonstration Kit