Matthew Mathematics, the math teacher at Mammals Middle School, was mysteriously murdered on Monday morning. When the body was discovered, the police were called and the crime scene investigation team was sent. Explore the fascinating science of criminal investigations with this scenario-based lab. Students gather evidence at the simulated crime scene set up by the teacher and return to the “Forensics Lab” to analyze the evidence. Forensic tests include fiber analysis, shoeprints, blood, stomach contents, and fingerprints. After analyzing all the evidence, identify the cause of death and identify the suspect. Kit includes reproducible student handouts, detailed background information, complete teacher notes with sample data and answers to all questions, and all chemicals and consumables supplies needed to perform the labs.
Complete for 30 students working in pairs. Microscopes are needed for fiber analysis.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 572
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 489
You May Also Like
- High School Compound Microscope, Flinn Economy Choice
- Beakers, Borosilicate Glass, 600-mL
- Of Maggots and Murder - Forensic Entomology Laboratory Kit
- Detective's Casebook - Forensic Laboratory Kit
- The Coroner's Report - Urine and Blood Analysis Laboratory Kit
- Who Cheated in the Race? Red Blood Cell Volume Forensic Laboratory Kit
- Food Analysis Mystery - Forensic Laboratory Kit
- Document Analysis - Forensic Investigation Laboratory Kit
- Bloodstain Pattern Analysis - Forensic Laboratory Kit
- Forensic Supply Kit