Easily show your students how to locate the center of gravity of an irregularly shaped object. Once the center of gravity is determined, insert a pencil inot the proper "center of gravity" hole and spin the object—it will rotate smoothly. Spin the object from any other hole and it will wobble. Use this clear-cut demonstration to introduce the principles of center of gravity and how it relates to balance and stability. Irregular pentagon, hanger handle, string, plumb bob, and complete instructions are provided.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 610
You May Also Like
- Center of Gravity Demostration Set
- Center of Gravity Toss - Demonstration Kit
- Center of Gravity Paradox
- Center of Mass Bottles
- Investigating Center of Gravity - Super Value Laboratory Kit
- Hanging Nails Challenge - Super Value Guided-Inquiry Kit
- Double Cone and Ramp
- Fascinating Finger Balance Demonstrator
- Leaning Tower
- Bottle Balance Beam Demonstration Kit