Proteins, carbohydrates, fats, vitamins—your students have surely heard these words, and may have an understanding of what they are, but this Flinn-developed lab activity will allow students to relate these terms to the foods they eat every day. Using the materials supplied in this five-part kit, students test food samples for starches, sugars, lipids (fats), proteins, and Vitamin C. Students gain an understanding of the chemical makeup of substances in foods commonly found in the home. Includes all test solutions, samples for conducting control tests, test tubes, droppers, detailed instructions, supplementary background material, and suggestions for further study. Try this food analysis kit—it is a great addition to your biochemistry curriculum!
Complete for 100 tests and 12 groups of students.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 428
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 476
You May Also Like
- 2,6-Dichloroindophenol, Sodium Salt, 1 g
- Benedict's Qualitative Solution, 100 mL
- Iodine-Potassium Iodide Solution, 100 mL
- Food Analysis Mystery - Forensic Laboratory Kit
- Chemicals of Life - Super Value Laboratory Kit
- Identifying Proteins and Amino Acids - Student Laboratory Kit
- Vitamin C Analysis - Student Laboratory Kit
- Physical Properties of Proteins - Student Laboratory Kit
- Properties of Lipids - Student Laboratory Kit
- Biochemistry - The Molecules of Life, Flinn Chemtopic Labs Book, Volume 20