Students will gain experience and understanding using semi-permeable membranes to simulate the absorption of nutrient molecules into cells. Experiments are carried out using starch and glucose to further demonstrate why some of the foods we eat must be chemically broken down before they can be taken up by the small intestine. Results are graphically illustrated by unmistakable color changes which are easy for your students to follow and identify.
Complete for 30 students working in pairs. Super Value Kit is complete for 5 classes of 30 students working in pairs.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 897
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 587
You May Also Like
- Concentrating on Equilibrium - Super Value Kit
- Dialysis Fundamentals Experiment Kit
- Diffusion Demonstration Model
- Cell Size and Diffusion - Student Laboratory Kit
- Double Thistle Tube, Osmosis Apparatus
- Exploring the Rate of Diffusion - Student Laboratory Kit
- Membrane Diffusion Kit
- Introduction to Osmosis and Diffusion: Student Laboratory Kit
- Disposable Dialysis Tubing Clamps
- Dialysis Bag Holder, Pkg. of 6