The Flameless Ration Heater is most commonly used by the U.S. military to heat food pouches called Meals—Ready to Eat. This ration heater not only allows soldiers to eat a hot meal in the field but also aids in the relief of victims of natural disasters. Learn how the super-corrosion of magnesium produces enough heat to warm a meal in 15 minutes and keep it warm for up to an hour. Detailed teacher notes included.
Flameless Ration Heaters Video
Take apart and analyze the contents and chemistry of a flameless ration heater, a device soldiers use to heat ready-to-eat meals.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 542
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 338
You May Also Like
- The Heat Solution Instant Handwarmer
- Mini Hand Warmers
- Hand Blasters
- Magnesium Fire Starter
- Chenille Wires, Green, Pkg. of 10
- Thermodynamics in a Bag - Super Value Kit
- Rapid Oxidation - Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Smashing Thermit Reaction - Demonstration Kit
- Whoosh Bottle - Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Discovering Instant Cold Packs - Guided-Inquiry Kit